The firm must be at least fifty-one percent (51%) owned and controlled by one or more veterans.
Submission, review and verification by the authorized Certification Services Officer (CSO) of the veteran’s Form DD214, and the Disability Award Letter (If applicable for SDVOSB). Once veteran status is verified, reciprocal VBN certification is granted for VA/CVE, DBE, NGLCC, MBE, WBE current certification certificate holders.
The VBN Executive Advisory Board is the authority for ensuring that our certification policies, and procedures are implemented and enforced according to the highest accepted practices. The Board has full authority for the implementation of the process and its results.
In the event of an appeal to VBN of a denial of certification, the Executive Advisory Board will administer the final determination.
- Submission, review and verification of the firm’s Operating Agreement, Partnership Agreement, or Sole Proprietorship by our national CPA and Legal Teams, on ownership and control (51%).
- Submission, review and verification of the firm’s Articles of Incorporation and Certificate of Good Standing, from the firm’s home state business registration, Secretary of State.
- Site visit scheduled during the first year of conditional certification.
VBN Certification does not replace or compete with the VA’s VOSB, SDVOSB Certification Process. These are official Federal Government certifications for use by the VA in qualifying a firm for the many VA and programs. VBN certification is accepted by the corporate community and follows the same protocols as supplier diversity certifications from NMSDC, WBENC and NGLCC.
Required Forms for VBN Certification:
- Operating Agreements
- Corporate By Laws
- Documents Citing Ownership
- Voting Rights or Stock
- Member Percentages
- VA Disability Award Letter